Date : 14-07-17 02:29
Documentation (FROM SONGS TO RING AROUND THE ROSEY)
 Written By : 최고관리자
View : 3,523  
   FROM_SONGS_TO_RING_AROUND_THE_ROSEY.MP4 (18.2M) [14] DATE : 2014-07-17 02:41:52
FROM SONGS TO RING AROUND THE ROSEY

I had K, L, T, and M in my circle time.
They all have started to show an interest in dancing and today were a circle like another.
They listened to bumblebee and all the other songs they thoroughly enjoy.
They heard a story and did the bouncy interactive songs on my lap.
While they were all sitting there, K stood up and said ring rosey. I said K you want to do ring around the rosey, he smiled.
Knowing that M loves ring around the rosey, she jumped up and immediately took K’s hand before I had a chance to assist them.
I sang the song as well and L did it around the circle, smiling. After the second time, L and N joined in the song.
I was even invited into the song too as they grabbed my hand and started to go in a circle.
The toddlers knew the right speed to go as no one fell over. They did it so many times in a row.
When they fell down, they all laughed. I taught them a new line to the song, “Fishes in the water, fishes in the sea, fishes jump up with a one, two, three.”
K, N and M all knew to stand up and L clapped his hands. This was a very familiar song to the children.
This is an example of how children play with one another and how they did it on their own decision.
For toddlers this age to play together doesn’t happen that often but it did in this play based time.
K initiated what he wanted and the children responded. N and L may not have been familiar with the song at first, but that didn’t last long.
They all understood one another as M invited N to join her but saying “come N.” We have done ring around the rosey a few times since.

“A positive sense of self is reflection of the feeling of success and respect the child enjoys within the centre.”
Huggins and Eden, Playing to Learn, 2001, Page 79
Documented by: Andrea Hill
July, 15, 2014